Tuesday, March 6, 2018

CAS Colours & Sketches #262 - Colour Challenge

It's the first CC&S Challenge for March and I am wondering how it can be March 6th already?!?!  Fiona is hosting this month, starting with a great colour challenge.

Originally, I was playing with a faux watercolor idea and some stamped images, but things weren't working out as I planned.  (I think I need to spend a little of my spring break time "playing" around with various watercolor techniques.)  This tulip image I've had sitting on my desk (probably since last spring) caught my eye. It's a digi image from Power Poppy called Tulips in a Hobnail Pitcher.   Marcella Hawley has gorgeous illustrations and I appreciate that she offers stamps and digital images on her site.  I pulled out my blender pen and began coloring with the Crushed Curry ink instead of stamping.  Keeping with using ink colors (rather than Copics) I substituted Lucky Limeaid for the leaves and stems and added some Rich Razzleberry for dimension and depth in the greenery as well as the inside of the tulips. MFT's Label Maker stamp set was used for the sentiment.  I distressed the edges and added a twine bow to complete the vintage feel of my card.

The close up gives you a little more idea of where I used the Rich Razzleberry (which seems pretty close to Fresh Fig when stamped in multiple layers like I did for the sentiment!!)

I can't wait to see what you do with this week's colours, but first, I hope you will check out the DT inspiration on the CAS Colours and Sketches Blog!

Challenges Entered:
Color Inspiration #31/ - March
Crafty Cardmakers #206/ - Floral Delight
Crazy for CAS #4/ - Spring
Paper Players #383/ - Spring
Krafting Kimmie #420/ - One Layer Card
Colourland in Scrapland March/ - AG

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty pitcher of flowers and beautifully coloured too. Wonderful use of this weeks colours. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely card and beautiful image!! The colouring is so beautifully done. I love the depth you were able to achieve .. stunning!! Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card; so wonderfully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful water coloring! This card really caught my eye - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and beautifully coloured. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful, I have never tried digi images, may have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow~I love the watercolor look, Cathy! Beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same with this entry, Cathy!
    so, so , so very sorry!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy