Tuesday, February 27, 2018

CAS Colours & Sketches #261 - Sketch Challenge


We have a fun sketch for you this week on the CAS Colours & Sketches Blog.  I went on a binge and bought some new card-making supplies recently.  This card makes use of some of the new additions to my collection!  The stamp is Wish Big from Ellen Hutson Essentials and the little rectangle window is from MFT.  I am so thrilled with how this turned out.  It's a birthday card for my son-in-law and I love the humor in the illustrations and the sentiment!!





I adapted Patricia's sketch by moving it to the right side of the card to make room for the hippo on the inside.







The inside of the card is CAS and pretty cute, too!!  Hope you will play along with us this week!  Take a peek at the DT makes here!

Challenges Entered:
Send A Smile 4 Kids 3/17 /- Teen Card for AG
Creative Fingers #142 - AG
Just Add Ink #397/ - Just add "H" - (Hippo!!)
Polkadoodle Crafting Challenge Wk. 8 - AG


12 comments:

  1. Very cute card - lovely image, I like how you have him peeping out the window. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hippo is adorable! I use Hippobird2u as my log in from my work email... so now you know that about me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the peek-a-boo window, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuteness overload! Love the image and simplicity! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hippo is just a little bit cute and nicely coloured. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and interactive use of the sketch, the little window is so clever. Such a cute Hippo too, I love it! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute - and what a great idea to make the sketch into a window! Adorable images wonderfully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, your card makes me smile. I love the window and the black and white images underneath. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Thanks for joining us in our week 8 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card really made me smile that hippo is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, Cathy! I love the hippo peeking out of the front of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Making a window out of the square element of the sketch is such a fun idea! The hippo peeking out is just too cute! I also like the contrast of the colored image inside and the black and white animals on the outside of the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy