Tuesday, September 26, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #242 - Sketch Challenge

I bet I am not the only person who loves using things that have been in my stash for several years.  Today's CC&S Challenge #242 card is one of those stash moments.  Anyone who is a Stampin' Up! fan will remember both the felt flowers and the corduroy covered brads and buttons from more than seven years ago.  When I saw Fiona's sketch, I immediately thought of the felt flower as the middle circle - and I happily created a card.  As I uploaded it, I realized the card didn't really match the sketch - so back to the drawing board making a card with the idea, but one more true to the sketch.
Even the pink polka dot paper is old stash supply from a PTI purchase.  The sentiment is from their Keep It Simple:  Happy Birthday  mini stamp set.  The card has a clunky feel in this photo, but looks better in real life.  I actually like the first version better (scroll down and you can see it below).  Both are super CAS, plus there's the satisfaction of digging into my drawers of stash and using supplies!!

Thanks for a great month of challenges, Fiona.  I hope you will join us this week.  Looking forward to seeing your card in the CAS Colours and Sketches Gallery!

5 comments:

  1. I love those SU! flowers and those brads :) They have worked perfectly for the sketch and LOVING the polka dot background too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your cards but the one with the corduroy buttons is my fav. Glad to hear you have enjoyed my challenges. I never really appreciated how daunting it is to set them until now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are wonderful! The pink polka dots are so cheerful! The felt flowers are awesome - fun & quirky style (I think I have some in my stash - I'm inspired!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture of the flower and the buttons and that you've been able to create with some items from the past!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy