Tuesday, April 4, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #217 - Colour Challenge

Happy April (gulp!!)!  A new month means a new hostess on the CC&S Challenge Blog and this color combination is brought to you by Beverly.

I was on a staycation at the end of March and "playing" in my craft room with some techniques using Distress Inks for watercoloring.  Jane's card from last week gave me the idea of rubbing ink right on the watercolor paper and then stamping in black. I loved her look so much, I CASED her card. Thanks for the inspiration, Jane!

One has to let go of the result when using this technique because everything is out of your hands once the water hits the paper!! I had several pieces of paper on my craft table, from very vibrant colors to soft colors.  For this card, I decided spraying a little water on the colors gave me the look I was going for.  Just bought these dies from Avery Elle, which fit perfectly along the border.  (Since I didn't take a trip, I could justify a few new toys and got the matching stamp set!!)
Does anyone recognize this very old set from Stampin' Up!?  Mixed Bouquet was one of my favorites when it came out.  I think it appeared in the catalog in 2005.

Pop by the CC&S Blog and see what the rest of the DT in store for you this week!

Challeneges Entered:
Crafty Cardmaker #185/ - Spring
Path of Positivity #48/ - Beauty of Nature (though 4/30)                
613 Avenue Create #196/ - AG + Spring
AAA #87/ - Shiny Spring (CAS)
Glitter N Sparkle #233 /- Use pastels
Stamping Sensations April/ - AG
Less Is More #322/ - 3 pastels

19 comments:

  1. A very elegant and stylish creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Staming Sensations April challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card, Cathy! I really like the bold pops of colour in the corner, bordered by the beautiful scripty sentiment die. It's a really effective and eye catching look. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :) (PS - we have a limit of 5 challenge entries including our own x)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have inspired you to try direct to paper inking. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have inspired you to try direct to paper inking. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you linked up at AAA Cards too!

      Delete
  5. Lovely card and fabulous design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Happy Crafting
    Glenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the yellows and purples together. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - I love the angled sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty artistic card. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Great style.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love the watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super design and great choice of colours. As Esther mentioned, we have a limit of 5 combined challenges, such a shame you've exceeded this at this time but thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful use of the colours and I especially like how the Congratulations die cut divides the stamping and white space. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Splitting the card diagonally between the white space and the colored area gives your card some fun visual interest. I like how the fussy-cut leaves give your flower dimension. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card and the die cut sentiment is really cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the way you used colour andhas already been mentioned, the diagonal split looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card, and good for you for exploring without hanging onto perfection! Love the colors you brought to your card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Path of Positivity challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy