Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #239

Welcome back Sketchers!  Vannessa is our sketch designer and the Etsy shop, Art by Miran is  sponsoring this week's challenge.

I used Poinsettia and Girl for my card and decided to color mainly white poinsettias so I could keep her dress red.  I pulled a scrap of burlap out of the piles on my desk and loved the rustic look it gave the card and the way the burlap played off of the red.  What's a Christmas card without sparkle?  Stickles on the hat, the buttons, and the center of the flowers were the perfect touch!

Stop by the blog, here to see the inspiration from the rest of the girls.  Hope to see your card in the gallery!










Challenges Entered:
Shopping Our Stash #179 - Free is good (burlap)
Party Time Tuesday #192 - AG
Divas By Design - Anything Festive
Crafting by Designs - AG - Christmas
Creative Moments #57 - AG - winter
Creative Knockouts #66 - Festive Flourishes
Creative Fingers #59 - AG
ABC Christmas - X for Xmas music
Art by Miran #19 - AG





7 comments:

  1. This made me smile, fabulous card, thanks for joining us at art by mi ran. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, Cathy! I LOVE the white poinsettias -they make her dress just pop off the page. I recognize that background dsp and it's just perfect -subtle with warm tones. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love the image and the white poinsettias are just perfect x
    hugs
    Thank you for joining us over at http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Divas by Design DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your traditional colors on this card - just perfect for the holidays!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Cathy. The burlap is a great accent. Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous Cathy and I love your colouring! I like the burlap touch as well. I have a huge roll of it from Stampin' Up from over a year ago and never know how to use it as it's so thick and bulky, but yours looks great here, so might give it a try again.

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy