Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #319

So excited to have A Day for Daisies as our Sketch Saturday sponsor.  I love the chance to color Tammy's images.  Each time I do, I am reminded of my progress with my Copics.  I'm not a trained artist and am largely self-taught using the internet and some online classes. I remember a time when ADFD images felt intimidating, but not so much any more.  There are still some that are too much of a stretch, but each time I choose an image, I pick one that will challenge me in one way.  It helps me grow and practice.

I was in heaven coloring this week!  Who wouldn't love this little sweetie called, Wild Daisy Nymph?  I tried to keep her hair tones light and her skin fair and am pleased with the outcome.  The trickiest part for me was her eyes.  I like how they reflect the light, but they seem a little bug-eyed!  I fussy cut the wings, turned them upside down and reattached them to the nymph.  Her wings are Stickled and my Copics were used to give the die cut flower some dimension.

I hope you will play along with us at
Sketch Saturday this week!

Challenges Entered:
Through the Craft Room Door /- AG (July 15-21)
Crafting from the Heart #27/ - AG
Aurora Wings #4/ - July Color bingo: blue, yellow, black
Shopping Our Stash #160/ - Can't Put it Down/Away (Copics)
Fan-Tastic Tuesday #44 - AG
Crafting By Designs/ - Use a Sentiment
Creative Moments #47/ - Use One Flower
Crafty Girls Challenge #22/ - AG


10 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Cathy! Awesome sketch too. Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how your eye is drawn into the image. Beautiful colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card, Cathy! Your coloring skills are amazing, and once again, lots of great details with the stickles and the shading on the flowers and the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous image. Thank you for sharing at CFTH challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation!!
    Good Luck & Thank you for joining Through The Craft Room Door challenge.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Marg ;) DT member for TTCRD
    craftycardsbymarg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Cathy! Love your coloring skillz! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, this is so pretty! :)
    Thank you for joining us over at Crafting By Designs & good luck!
    Sanja, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that image with those big eyes! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Please join us again! (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating image, love those eyes - great colouring! The papers your used are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the image. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy