Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Crafty Sentiments - Christmas in July Challenge + DT Announcement


This Crafty Sentiments challenge is for all of you folks who like to get a head start on your Christmas cards.  I admire you, but I can barely get my act together on December 1st, let along in July!
I'm on vacation right now, so I'm crafting in the morning rather than my usual night routine.  My hands were so shakey as I was cutting out this CSDimage, Cold Christmas, I decided I really need to cut back my coffee consumption!  Yikes!  Once I drank a liter of water, I was better!  I decided to use the sketch from the Friday Sketch Challenge for my card.  The partial circles are cut from glitter paper, there's some WInk of Stella on the tree branched, in the snow, and on the white part of her clothing.  The sentiment is from PTI; the tree is IO, and the stitched flag is from Lil' Inkers.

Crafty Sentiments is offering a freebie for you to use to join the challenge, but you need to request it by the 19th.  Stop by the challenge blog for more details and see what the DT is up to!  This week's winner chooses 3 digis from the Crafty Sentiments shop! 
Sketch #73

Challenges Entered:
Friday Sketch Challenge #73
Inky Chicks #33 - Christmas in July
Simply Create Too #65 - Christmas in July
4 Crafty Chicks #202 - Inspired By A Song (Let it Snow)
Crafting from the Heart #27- AG
Scribble and Scrap #22 - AG






On another note, I can finally announce I have been invited to be on the Southern Girls Challenge Design Team.  The challenge started in New Zealand, and the current DT is made up of crafters - across the globe.  There are two DTs, with new challenges posted two Thursdays a month, so that means one monthly card for me.  It has been fun becoming acquainted with the other gals and learning some slang from "down under".  Oy, Mate!!  I hope you'll stop by the Southern Girls Challenge blog and play along.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card thanks for joining us at crafting from the heart and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute Christmas card. Gorgeous image. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something just so fun about muffs! What a sweet image. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too's Christmas in July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card!! Love the adorable image!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, this image is BEAUTIFUL in red. This is just too cute for words. I love your scene and how you've done the snow on the ground. I love this image and am inspired to start Christmas cards now! that little touch of blue around her...perfect. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, love your colouring and cute image. Thanks for joining in with us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation and awesome song choice *love it*. It fits perfectly with your inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy: Thank you for entering our "Christmas in July" Challenge at Simply Create Too with your delightful Christmas card. Also looking forward to seeing your entries in our new challenge which starts tomorrow [Friday].

    Blessings,

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet & adorable little card! Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave a lovely comment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy