Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hey Sailor!

Little Sailor Boy - Doodle Garden digi image
This is a digi image from an Etsy site, The Doodle Garden.   Jennifer Nilsson is the artist.  She is the same artist who has the new Doodle Garden stamp line at My Favorite Things.  My card uses her digi image called Little Sailor Boy.  I used SCS sketch 303 to compose the card. Color Challenge 420 fits the colors.  The big oval die and stars were a perfect match for the image.  The sentiment is from Clear and Simple Stamps.  Marker POP's Challenge #20 is an "anything goes" challenge, so this little sailor is on his way!

Coloring this cutie was fun.  The wider face and pant leg width gave me a chance to work on shading.  I was also coloring on Georgia Pacific cardstock, not Xpress-It.  I discovered that working from dark to light is better because the ink dries faster.  I have a great little boy in mind to send him to.  I loved Jennifer's digi images so much, I bought two others!

Copics used:
Pants:  B0000, 91, 94
Shirt:  Y11, 13, 15
Skin:  E11, 00, 000
Hair:  E50, 51, 53, 55, with a hint of 57

I just discovered that Operation Write Home has an Interactive Challenge Blog - an amazing endeavor by its founder, Sandy Allnook.  You have to check them out and view the cards on Pinterest.  Operation Write Home is an amazing undertaking and wonderful idea itself.  The cards sent to them go directly to folks serving in the armed forces overseas to send home to their families.  Right now they are in need of Father's Day cards.  This sailor card is too bulky for the project, but I am off to spend time making Father's Day cards that can be mailed home.

3 comments:

  1. A great card!! I also find it easiest to color dark to light with my copics... Your shading is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love the stars!!

    Thanks for playing along with the MarkerPOP! challenge! :)

    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy